VOLUNTEER application form
Prior to participating in our interview process please submit the following form. Your answers to these questions will be kept confidential and will not determine if you are approved, but will act as a guide for us in the the interview. Thank you for your interest in our programs.
How it Works
How The Volunteering Process Works
The following is a general overview of the process. You, the volunteer applicant:
- Send us your application
- Participate in a one-to-one interview with our Caseworker
- Submit a criminal records check, and three or four references
- Depending on the program, possibly participate in an assessment of your home environment
- Successfully complete an orientation and child safety training
- Are notified of your acceptance/non-acceptance
- If accepted as a volunteer mentor, sign an agreement of confidentiality
The Matching Process
This can vary from program to program, but in general:
- The caseworker, now familiar with the volunteer and the children/youth waiting to be matched, discusses a potential match with you.
- The caseworker arranges for a meeting between you, the child/youth, the volunteer mentor, and often the parent or guardian
If everyone agrees, the match can begin!